Breeder Referral Network
The Welsh Terrier Club of America provides a Referral Network of Welsh Terrier breeders who meet the following requirements:
- WTCA member in good standing for a minimum of two years.
- Members must have bred two Welsh Terriers that have received their American Championships in conformation.
- Members must sign a Code of Ethic.
- Will not sell any dog without a limited registration and/or spay/neuter contract unless there is a written agreement between the breeder and the purchaser with regard to showing and/or breeding, left to the discretion of the breeder.
Non-compliance with any of the rules of the Breeders List may result in WTCA Board action for immediate removal from the Breeders List.
Welsh Terrier Club of America, Inc.
Membership Code of Ethics
As a WTCA member, I will...
- Comply with all American Kennel Club and WTCA rules.
- Accept and support the Constitution and By-laws of the WTCA.
- Be a responsible dog owner and maintain high standards in the care and training of my dogs.
- Keep the health and welfare of the dogs the first criterion in breeding or selling Welsh Terriers.
- Breed only to improve my dogs to the standard of the breed.
- Sell dogs using true representation to the purchaser, both in verbal statements and in advertising.
- Sell all dogs which are not to be shown in conformation with AKC Limited Registration, preferably with a spay-neuter contract in addition.
- Offer stud service to bitches or use as stud dogs only animals registered with the AKC or a foreign national registry, which are genetically sound and of good conformation, health, and temperament. The Stud Dog owner’s role includes responsibility for all litters sired by his dog. Stud Dogs should be made available only to bitches whose owners adhere to the basic principles of the WTCA Code of Ethics.
- Refuse to sell dogs to wholesalers or retailers or donate dogs to raffles or auctions. I will sell or donate dogs to research only if that research is breed-related and WTCA approved.
- Help purchasers with advice and instruction for the life of the dog. I will guide novice persons interested in conformation showing, obedience, and performance events.
- Assist the owner and WTCARES in re-placement of all dogs I breed or sell for the life of the dog.
- Strongly encourage owners to obtain an AKC championship on at least one dog before beginning a breeding program.
- Make referrals only to breeders who are believed to adhere to all of the above.
- Help to educate the general public regarding all aspects of Welsh Terriers.
You should be aware that there are many more prospective buyers of Welsh Terriers than there are puppies available. A six to twelve month wait for a puppy is not unusual.
AKC Registration does not guarantee soundness or good health and temperament of a dog. It is an assurance that the sire and dam are of the same breed and registered with the AKC. When contacting our members by phone, please be aware that this is their hobby and they may not be available during normal business hours. Please be aware of different time zones when calling our members and keep your calls between 9AM and 9PM in the members time zone. Many of our members travel to dog shows on the weekends and may not be available at that time.
For information about purchasing a Welsh Terrier, please use the information on the right.
For information regarding behavior or health problems, please contact your veterinarian and the breeder of your companion.
A copy of the WTCA Breeder's Listing may be obtained via mail by request from:
9180 Lodi Covert Townline Rd.
Interlaken, NY 14847-9775
or by email from:
or online at
WTCA Breeders List
This list is provided by the Welsh Terrier Club of America. It contains Member/Breeders listed by state who have signed the Code of Ethics listed on the left. However, the Welsh Terrier Club of America does not guarantee the services of said member.